Friday, October 9, 2009

When I posted yesterday about my wonderful new job, I asked him to please keep the

When I posted yesterday about my wonderful new job, I asked him to please keep the prayers for me.I had a particular reason in mind as to why she needed prayers, but had delayed reporting, because first I wanted to share my joy and gratitude for my new position. It was because I will be having surgery June 11not as serious as the operations and treatment with radioactive iodine, which was eliminated last year that my thyroid cancer, but a concern that nonetheless.If not like to read the descriptions of the physical ailments of women, I recommend you stop reading here and just send prayers for methanks.SoI have auterine fibroid tumors the size of an orange. As my doctors know, is kind, that almost always are. For some time, has been the cause of the extremely heavy monthly bleeding and has been exerting pressure on the bladder, which to sit through long classes.It graduate school has been very difficult for me to get direct feedback about gynnecologists what, if anything, that I do with the fibroid. The answers I received from several doctors in the past, quot; If you can live with it, do not nadaquot;. It was not until this year that I learned from my gynecologist that fibroids grow larger, but, until menopause, do not grow smaller, and that mine will most likely prevent me from becoming pregnant and certainly brings me to a bar baby the symptoms are bothersome term.Although I decided that the fibroid removed primarily so that if I get to be married before menopause (and my surgeon tells me he has ten years of fertility), I will be capable of having children. To that end, I'm having a laparoscopic myomectomy, which is the least invasive procedure. If you have a strong stomach, you can see photos and video of that type of surgery Enesta very informative website; scan page quot; What is a laparoscopic myomectomy Quot; Last week I met with my surgeon for the preoperative appointment. I was doing well until he started telling Meall things that could go wrong. Then I began to mourn. I explained that it was painful for me to undergo this procedure in the interests of futurebecause uncertain, although I would marry and have children so we may never happen.He assured me that, quot; although we can discuss the surgery in the light of days quot;, ESQuotes, nonelective surgery quot;. It is necessary, to the extent that is covered by Medicaid. He said that, given how many years can be up to menopause, it is possible that, without surgery, could end up as the woman who has seen that they have to receive blood transfusions every month until you remove your fibroids. Learning of the need to reassure me a bit, but it is still difficult for me to watch the surgery because the reproductive system is intimately linked with emotional issuesespecially many, I suspect, for women. That's another reason why have refrained from talking about my surgery here so far, because in the past, bloggers and commentators who oppose my being prolife, chastity myopennness on andpro have used my life experience as an opportunity to comment makepersonal intent to wound. And they do harm, but I know I should not let them. But I'd rather be open about what I'm about to experience, hoping that the information could guide me in prayer for me, especially since many blessings brought meso prayers and thanks for my cancer treatment last year. I would also like to receive information from anyone who has undergone similar surgery.Again, surgery is June 11. I expected to stay in hospital for one day and then spend two weeks recovering at home. Thanks much again to all readers who have given me prayers and support. Pleaseemail if you have any prayer needs you would like me to take my intentions as I go to surgery. The only thing I really want to experience on that is able to present my suffering in the hope that God will use to help others.UPDATE, 5/29/09: Thanks to all who have commented and written me prayers. I hope to write again over the weekend to all who have sent emails.Photo by Danuta Wegiel.Labels: June 11 surgery br br