Tuesday, October 13, 2009

My journey to a healthier life and family through food began in June 2009

My journey to a healthier life and family through food began in June 2009. I always considered myself a person who eats healthy and nutritious conscious. Recently I learned to be me. Take ten hours by car to visit relatives. He lent me a couple of books on CD (the study of China and Eat to Live) of mommie veteran. He hoped to convince my husband of his unhealthy ways and hope that he could listen together to give up their daily Pepsi. I had no idea it would change the way they have to eat and live my own life. Let me take you back a little bit. March 7, 2007: I have some results of blood tests sent me back in a panic. I had tested positive for BRCA1. A gene known to cause cancer. Studies have shown that around 92% chance of developing breast cancer and about 42% of ovarian cancer in my life. I glanced at my life, I was not overweight or unhealthy in any way. He had two beautiful children .... daughters that I could have passed this gene horrible. What could I do How can I change my destiny I decided to sign to run a marathon. I thought if I could get my body to be as healthy could overcome, at least when it came to a long. Also through the implementation could be a great example of health and fitness for my daughters to follow (if, God forbid, I passed the gene to them) I spent the last two years with this hanging over my head. During the two years we decided we wanted to have another child before doing the only preventive measure to ensure that I get those types of cancer, removal of the breasts and ovaries. I got pregnant and had two children .... I was delighted and I like a lot, but I was heartbroken to think ... two girls have to wonder if I was in my deadly to cancer gene. It was devastating to think about this every night before going to bed or when I saw them play together. He wonders if not really, but when I get my cancer will be able to fight and live to see her married. I would live to a grandmother to their children. I'll have to see my children suffer through these same thoughts or cancer The good news: After listening to the China Study and Eat to Live I have completely changed the way I feel about my gene. I know its still there, but so have the knowledge to feed my body in a way that I can help fight or prevent cancers from ever coming. I felt more overwhelming relief, not only because I feel safer now, but for my daughters FOUR. I have the power to nourish and teach appropriate and accurate nutrition information to help keep your body healthy and hopefully cancer. I no longer have the extreme surgery for peace of mind. I have the peace of this new knowledge I have. I know that may sound a bit crazy to some of you. If you are a skeptic like me, read the books. There is so much scientific research and testing over and over again about the relationship between the food we eat and disease in our nation. Now fully understand the saying, knowledge is power! Extract from the quot; disease test your hijoquot;, by Joel Fuhrman * Carcinogenesis, the process that leads to cancer, is thought to occur in a series of steps. It is a multistage process that begins with precancerous cell damage that gradually changes the product to more malignant. The first step is the development of cellular abnormalities, which ultimately leads to cancer. This usually occurs during adolescence or soon after puberty. Remember that childhood unhealthy nutritional practices cause excessive production of sex hormones and early pathological changes in breast tissue that paved the way for cancer many years later. Studies have shown that the onset of puberty at an early age is an important marker of risk. Furthermore, there is overwhelming evidence that ovarian hormones play a fundamental role in all stages in the development of breast cancer. It is common knowledge among doctors that the earlier of a mature woman, as measured by age at first menstruation, the greater their risk of breast cancer. Both early menarche and increased body weight are markers of increased risk of breast cancer. quot; But unfortunately, the onset of menstruation has been occurring at a younger age in Western societies in this century. For example, the average age in the United States is now about twelve years, however, according to the World Health Organization, the average age of puberty, which started in 1840, was seventeen. Moreover, during the same period there was an increase in consumption of fats, refined carbohydrates, cheese and meat, and there has been a dramatic decline in consumption of starchy vegetables, beans, fruits and nuts. Higher consumption of animal foods leads to a higher level of hormones related to reproductive function and early growth. These hormonal alterations persist into adulthood. Uterine fibroid tumors (or) also develop from a diet poor in fruits and vegetables, heavy on cheese and meat. As meat consumption rises and falls vegetation, the risk of fibroids increases proportionally. quot; * Joel Fuhrman quot; disease test your Hijoquot; WholeFoodMommies.com br br