Tuesday, October 13, 2009

He met with the surgeon, the other day, and supplementing the report of the MRI

He met with the surgeon, the other day, and supplementing the report of the MRI. As I had guessed from looking at the photos, there is good news on fibroids.Here # 39; s what was there, 6 fibroids: 7 x 6.4 x 5.9 cm right lateral ventral intramural/submucosal5 x 6.7 x 4.7 cm left ventral intramural3.5 x 3.6 x 3.6 cm to the bottom left intramural/submucosal1.5 x 1.3 x 1.5 cm from the ventral intramural2.6 x 1, 1 x 1.3 cm below intramural.8 ventral x .8 x .8 subserosalOk cm, so not only is more fibroids who told me that he had, the two largest are much larger than I was told. Moreover, the relative size of the fibroids that I seem to bear no relation to what they told me either. Now I am completely involved in ultrasound and think they are dangerously misleading.Based on the number and size of fibroids, the surgeon said he could not remove laparoscopically. He did however believe I could make an abdominal myomectomy. Would happen is that the surgery would then have to wait 4 months before trying conceive.At this point, my husband and I decided to step back and look at the situation. Could such an agreement with the idea of laparoscopic surgery, but going to abdominal myomectomy was too much for me to handle. Esp when combined with when trying to get pregnant, they will put on heparin, in addition to all other drugs (see last post for more information about this). � In what lengths I am willing to go to have the experience of having a baby in my belly Furthermore there is no guarantee that myomectomy would be successful in some cases could not be completed with the uterus in good condition, due to scarring or other issues too. Not to mention all the risks every time you have major surgery, such as MRSA etc. We talked about it and decided that maybe we should look at another alternative, that is, working with a gestational surrogate. The idea feels strange to me at some level, but otherwise I think it would be better for the baby in the womb of Nice, without a lot of scars and without heparin etc.So floating all, I'm looking at the option of rent. Meanwhile, we are going through an IVF cycle next month to freeze some embryos without further delay. And I will continue working on the fibroid reduction, because he knows that miracles can happen.This everything has been very stressful for me, which is one reason it has taken me some time to write and update everyone. After a few (unusual for me) crying bouts this week, decided to get assistance. As mentioned earlier had tried Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) do it myself, and found it useful. However, this week was so overwhelmed I did not know where to start with. So I went to see a doctor nearby, which had great reviews on Yelp. It was very helpful and made me feel much calmer and focused. I will keep working in doing EFT on myself, but it's good to have a resource that I can go back if you need extra help to get unstuck.So, I'm not giving up, either by having a baby or in reducing my fibroids. It's always darkest before dawn, as they say! br br