Tuesday, October 13, 2009

I'm working on creating a new you. Well, better me, anyway.

I'm working on creating a new you. Well, better me, anyway. You know from my many posts complaining (like the alliteration I love it makes me happy alliteration!) That I had a lot of physical ailments over the past two years. He pointed out that until you have had the race and can not be discounted that factor. Stroke, even small ones, are horrible at the whole body system and can affect every part of it. But I had that MRI and EEG a month ago and turned shows absolutely nothing. That was terribly frustrating for me to hear. So a couple of weeks later I visited the doctor out in Preventive Health Sciences and was the first to say that it appeared he had some hormonal problems going on. Therefore, it could be that all the evils that I have taken related stroke were not really have anything to do with my brain at all. TIA I have followed these could probably be a separate issue or not. Know.She not ready for me to have a complete physical examination, which was this Wednesday past. It took a gallon of blood from me I am awaiting the results of that. She is checking the levels of estrogen and testosterone, the cancer, the levels of adrenal, thyroid, etc., but meanwhile, has begun to kind of realize that I can not trust doctors to quot; arreglarquot; to me . To that end, I started taking some baby steps on the road to self improvement.The first thing I did was visit the Clinique counter at Younkers. I know, I know makeup is all exterior. But it's important! My skin has changed as I have gotten older. I'm tired of guessing about what the makeup looks good and then be disappointed. It makes sense that I put all of the same brand to all work together. I remember that because the logic of selling Mary Kay in the past. It makes little sense to me then. But I have a horrible time for makeup orders from a catalog. You can not accurately determine the color and then I'm usually disappointed. So anyway, a couple ran back Friday at Jordan Creek Mall, was left to myself at the Clinique counter and asked them to fix my face. Never in my life I've had a makeover. Fortunately, the gal working was probably in his sixties and not leave there as I was trying to be 20 again. She was very familiar with aging affects our skin and the way we use makeup as a result. She showed me how to implement things that seemed so natural and really took the time to experiment with different things to get the desired look. As a result, I bought almost everything she suggests. And I feel much better. Now nobody has stopped me and asked me what they have done to create a beautiful new face, so I'm assuming you probably do not look so different on the outside! But I feel better. And I guess that's what counts. Looking good does not hurt that much, it is assumed though.Last Friday night Paul and I were going to work our association church booth at the fair state (yes, quot; justoquot; to be capitalized is a fair in Iowa, the state fair! In fact, some years ago that ranked in the top 3 in the U.S. all it's a cool place). Since I was working a little late, we decided to meet there. He had to run to Walmart first, which I did. When I left my truck was dead. Not start for nothing. It turned out that needs a new battery and had chosen, thank God, to die at Walmart. Paul was not able to go there for almost 2 hours. So first I went to buy my weekly dose of celebrity gossip (People magazine). I devoured and still not there. Then, I went to the store and began examining the book aisle. That's when I found this book to see the photo above. I believe God directed me to this book. I bought it and have not been able to put down since.Obviously, the book is by Joyce Meyer. I do not know much about Mrs. Meyer. I caught a couple of times on the radio and I always appreciated his practical approach to the study and application of the Word of God. But doctrinally I do not know enough to make judgments. I know that once she turned and Joel and Victoria Osteen on its agenda. That couple makes the hair back up, so it was not all that impressed then with Joyce, who considered worthy enough to be interviewed on your program! Reading his book I have come to see that she has been divorced before and she is considered to be a preacher two factors which, in my understanding of the Bible, prohibiting the prosecution. Obviously, she thinks otherwise! However, differences aside, I can not argue with this book.She particular, the book starts talking about where he was and why so many of us are there, too. We live such busy lives, busy and do not take care of our bodies. Then one day, they begin to protest and do not know what is going on! She points the way are not good for our families or in the service of Christ, when we are so physically run. I'm starting to think this is where I am. For twenty years I have eaten whatever I wanted. I always joke about how if it is fried, stuffed with cream, or chocolate covered, it's mine! I like junk food. I like the easy meal. I really like baking decadent desserts! I really like vegetables and I'm not too fond of fruit, either. I never bothered to exercise, thinking they did not need it because I'm naturally thin. Also, I get enough exercise chasing my kids, "he said. So I took the vitamins, which would for any nutritional deficit that was I hoped anyway.Reading this book, my eyes have become really open to the absolute necessity of taking care of my physical body. Joyce does an excellent job of explaining why it is so important to eat the right combinations and the right kinds of foods. It explains the need to exercise in detail. So I'm reading this book and get a great education in the process. And yesterday I had my physical. I think I like this new office project. The dr. came and sat with me for a good half hour, and she also emphasized the importance of a healthy diet. She told me some things I did not know like corn syrup is bad for you. I did not know that. Then I needed to buy bread and this time I checked the labels. I had to buy $ 3 a spade in order to find some that do not have corn syrup in it. Who would have thought corn syrup was in the bread Of course not! I appreciate Joyce's approach say that there quot; malosquot; food. There is nothing we can not eat. But we must be very careful about unhealthy choices to make must be in moderation. Last week, Paul and I was listening to the WHO, a local radio station conservative talk that is always at our house and vehicles. In one afternoon shows that they were interviewing the boy who started clinical preventive health sciences (which he tried to talk me into spending $ 2,000 on your total health program (food and exercise training). The interviewer asked, jokingly, quot; then is nothing healthy eating can be found here at the Fair quot; Our Fair is famous for its food on a stick porkchops on a stick, the eggs on a stick , fried Twinkies on a stick, etc, along with offerings just typical of cotton candy, cookies in a cup, fried mini donuts, candy, and all other kinds of sweets. The interviewee laughed and then made the comment so that when a person is healthy and making good choices to eat, so they can enjoy and have something totally decadent, not going to send his body into a well. A healthy body can handle a little better than a garbage sick body can. Talk about common sense! So I'm working on it. This week I have done a much better eating choices. I can not say that I feel immensely better, or that my belly bulge is gone. But I will follow it. I started walking earlier this summer. I had to take about a 3 weeks break when my sciatic nerve went on. still gives me some problems but finally has settled in this last week. I have an appointment with the chiropractor out on preventive health for a week from today. I have not been so faithful in my walk I need to be, however, even when it feels good. That has to change. It is especially difficult when I have somewhere to go first thing in the morning. But I'm thinking they just have to train myself to get up very early in the morning that's not how I am on cable. If you have children or responsibilities that could easily be maintained in the early hours in the morning, while I could not sleep the next morning! But then I would be more likely to walk in now I'm not sure what I'll do when winter comes. There is no room in this house for a piece of equipment exercise. I tossed around the idea in my head of joining a gym. There is a 10 min. from my home in Carlisle. I hate the idea of spending that money, however. Also, the idea of sweating in public and use machinery that someone does not sweated in appeal to me much, either. Or, you could only get a DVD of exercises and do something in my living room. I'm doing through the reading that I must be doing some strength training upper body with weights. So maybe you could walk when the weather is good and make something inside when it is not. Of course, this means you have to buy some weights and a DVD. I'm also going to need some better tennis shoes . I need to change. I can t continue in this way. I'm not saying that a change of image, good diet and exercise that will change everything. Thursday I have an ultrasound of my uterus done and if they find that the fibroids, and my dr. suspicion I have, I'm probably looking at a hysterectomy in the near future. Obviously, I can not fix that by being good. But I want more life than I had during the past two years. And if you change some things do the difficult thing help you, then I owe it to myself, along with all that I need to be at my best to do. Part of writing this is for purposes of accountability, so when I see, I wonder how I'm doing, if I'm still choking on broccoli, limiting my sugar level, eliminating trans fats, and my tennis shoes on his side early in the morning. Because without that, it will to be very easy to quit smoking. And I can not quit now. br br