Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Ask any middle aged person whos what they most fear of aging, and they're likely to

Ask any middle aged person whos what they most fear of aging, and they're likely to say they lose their health. Especially these days, because God knows how many of us can fit on the bus to Canada if they do not solve this health problem in the U.S. br I have a particularly strong rejection to be pushed, prodded, and examined by the men who have an intimate relationship. I do not care how elegant the decor of your office or the amount of free gourmet coffee offer. Even if the extra mile and have those little things flavored cream. br was not always so. My first and last toe curling love with a man in a white coat was Dr. Kildaire (NBC, 196166). Not only have the British accent of a merger, which was so beautiful I wanted to ask where he got his nails done. Of course, everything was about seven or eight at the time, but did not care. Dr. Kildaire was running, and I almost wanted to wear a white cap on my account so I could be forever surrounded by beautiful British men. Almost br. Candystriper took a summer as a postop room for curing me of my fantasy General Hospital. To this day, the smell of antiseptic makes me want to run to the nearest urinal. Luckily for me, was blessed with extraordinarily friendly and genes for nearly 20 years managed to avoid doctors and their toys sadistic needle part, reeds, and containers for urine samples, except for necessary procedures. To have my daughter comes to mind. And I do not know, I'd like to be the morning quot; tutorialquot; a little awkward for which they apparently had never given before an episiotomy. Luckily for me. My pattern of evasion br changed when I hit my mid40s. I had a case of uterine fibroids so severe that I thought for sure I was going to call Buffy the Vampire Slayer to avoid the crowds of bloodsucking 13th century aristocrats who were behind me like a pack of drooling dogs. Despite how much I hated the smell, waiting rooms, metal stirrups ice (gloves are not for those things), I went with the recommendation of my gynecologist for a transvaginal ultrasound. Yes, it's so disgusting as it sounds. The good news was had uterine fibroids. Well, duh, doc! My next visit was like this: quot; Out, or I will use that device that removes the cell samples for Pap smears in the testicles! Quot; Needless to say, he scheduled for surgery. For one of the few times in my life, I wanted to hug everyone in surgical gowns. Maybe it was the anesthesia. br Then suddenly, internal plumbing began acting and the next thing I knew, I'm peeing in a cup one of my fears, as I said before and sitting on a hospital gown in front of my father's urologist. I really like Dr. G. It reminds me a lot of Dr. Kildaire because he speaks softly and pats my hand in a very reassuring. But something strange in my doctor asking how the quot; entrenadorquot; you're doing every time I go in for my quarterly visit. This is my father, former football coach at the school is concerned. I really prefer to stick to the bladder irritated and bloody urine, not reach the level of personal anecdotes of the family. Somehow, you start to feel like you're giving to a relative, and that just plain freaky. It is prescribed two pills a day for drinking, which I do religiously, because I'm petrified of cystoscopy is going to do if you do not take them. Trust me when I say that if you have to choose between a root canal without Novocain or cystoscopy, take the root canal. br This is how the drop in the malfunctioning of body parts begins. First two small brown bottles and other internal body then goes berserk, and the next thing you know, you're on your way to plastic boxes marked with the days of the week so remember not to take the yellow pill with the white tablet and that the large brown fat pill taken only once a week, not daily. br This is what happened when my thyroid decided he was bored and wanted more attention. Fortunately, I have an internist who is obsessive compulsive in a good way, and when I got to complain of chronic chest pain although deliberately forgot to mention the fact that I had lost four dress sizes in six months because , hell, did not really want to fix that he had blood tests run and, tah dah, said he had hyperthyroidism. Suddenly I began to see so many men in white coats, one would think that had been collected by some strange quot; showquot reality, where the divorced, fifty years of age is entitled to choose the lord of a group of medical doctors. Well, it would be a good deal, if not for the fact that one of these beauties I radioiodine dose, the other is the dilation of the eyes to make sure I'm not blind, and number three is the lump in my throat listening through his stethoscope. I also ordered a mammogram God knows what this has to do with my thyroid and a bone scan, I get a lecture from my doctor, Dr. Rick, showing bone loss 25%. My bad. br So now add three new brown bottles to my collection, over 12 weeks of mega doses of vitamin D, which is supposed to be the new protocol for people living in sundeficient areas. According to Dr. Rick, this has nothing to do with my thyroid, but while hes prescribing things, so maybe I juice with vitamins sun replacement. Better that than a broken hip Not br The advantage of my midlife deterioration is that you can participate in dinner conversations of the family that usually begin on the taxpayers of New York sucked dry, how the project has not won a damn game in the preseason , and gradually move to colonoscopies, arthritis treatments, and my sisterinlaw in the second (third) hip replacement. I felt like such outsiders. All my parts were in working order, there was no pain, out of control or falling apart. No more. Failure is really not only an option when it comes to their internal organs, but a sure thing. br So I stand here before the cabinet that has my reservation of medications and supplements. I realize that instead of one for each week of 50,000 mg of vitamin D tablets, which took them every day ( Oops!). Then he could not remember if I had taken my thyroid pill in the morning. O my Omega 3 fish oil. And I think, damn, I have to go out and get one of those plastic pill boxes After mulling it over I decide that I'm not that old. Yet. br br