Friday, October 9, 2009

I am 50 this year and have had fibroids for a while, which recently began to

I am 50 this year and have had fibroids for a while, which recently began to grow. This week I had an ultrasound of the uterus and my doctor has told me about a pound and a half of fibroids in the uterus. Im not afraid Features like he called me last night to just go through the test results. He seems interested in surgery (hysterectomy), and I'm not interested in that for the following reasons: br I have only recently begun to have some minor discomfort in association with fibroids, some heavy and some changes in urination, but nothing drastic. My periods have become lighter recently with much less pain than in the past when fibroids are probably less. br What would be an alternative to surgery for action at this time My doctor says that fibroids do not seem to be interfering with the flow of urine, but I would be happy to have my kidneys checked out to make sure everything is OK there. I worry that some doctors are just too prepared to perform major surgery when this may resolve itself after menopause. Of course, if things get worse then I would Reconsider the option.Any surgery advice Thanks again so much for offering your views on this issue to women who are looking for a balanced view. br br